At Somerset Local Food Group (which comprises Somerset Local Food Direct and Somerset Local Food) we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy, and we take the protection of your personal information seriously.
Our Privacy Statement explains our approach to collecting, storing and processing your personal information, your rights and how to get in touch with us if you have any further questions.
What information do we collect about you?
We collect and process:
- information you give us when you register with us as a customer and/or place an order. This will include your name, address, telephone number(s), email address, and delivery instructions;
- information you provide voluntarily during conversations in person, by text, e-mail or phone which enables us to provide you with a better service e.g. your favourite items;
- correspondence you may have with us (including recordings of calls left on our answerphone service); any complaints you have raised to our attention and feedback you provide to us;
- details of the orders that you place with us and your payment history.
How will we use the information about you?
We use personal information to provide you with our services and to ensure that we can deliver your orders. We also use your information to ensure that you can access your account balances and use features such as ‘favourite items’ and regular shopping lists.
This means that the legal basis for us processing your personal information described above will typically be the following:
- because it is necessary to fulfill a contract that we have in place with you;
- where the processing is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations; or
- for our legitimate business interests.
We use aggregated information:
- about our customers’ purchases to identify, for example, where new products/suppliers are required, where products should be withdrawn and suggested product pairings;
- about where customers are based, to develop the most economic delivery routes.
In addition, where you have given us permission to do so, we use your contact details to provide you with regular electronic newsletters. We may also make special marketing offers to you. You can opt out of receiving these communications at any time.
How we store your personal information and how long we store it for
We only store your personal information in the UK. We store and access it securely in compliance with GDPR.
We will only retain your personal information for the following periods:
- your personal details and payment history – for two years after your last order from us;
- correspondence regarding food quality – for 7 years after the complaint is raised.
Where we have collected the personal information based on your consent and we have no other lawful basis to continue with that processing, if you subsequently withdraw your consent then we will stop processing that personal information and delete it. This will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
If we have anonymised your personal information or aggregated your personal information in a way that you can no longer be identified from it, then we will continue to keep and use this anonymised information.
Who we share your personal information with
We cannot run our business or provide some of our services without involving other businesses and sometimes we pass your information to these other people and businesses as set out below. We only share your information where we can do so in accordance with our legal data protection and privacy obligations. We may share your personal information with:
- payment service providers;
- contract drivers to enable them to deliver your orders;
- producers who fulfill special orders (e.g. where you specify particular cuts/weights of meat);
- our professional advisers who need it to provide advice to us and to audit us;
- compliance and regulatory bodies: local authorities, HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC), the courts and any other central or local government bodies where they request it and we may lawfully disclose it, for example for the prevention and detection of crime;
We will never sell or disclose your personal information to third parties for marketing activities.
You have certain rights in relation to your personal information. These include:
- (where we rely on your consent to process your personal information) the right to withdraw consent to the processing of your personal information,
- the right to request access to your personal information (a “subject access request”);
- to correct any mistakes on our records;
- to erase or restrict your personal information where it is no longer needed for the purpose for which they were obtained or used;
- the right to object to our use of your personal information based on legitimate business interests; and
- the right, in certain circumstances, to receive a machine-readable copy of, the personal information you provided to us.
We will not normally charge a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). We will handle any request to exercise your rights in accordance with applicable law.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights please write to us using the contact details set out in the “Contacting Us” section below with the subject line ‘Personal information request’. In your request, please supply the following details:
- First name(s) & surname
- Address & postcode
- Details of the type of information you are seeking.
In your request, please make clear what right you would like to exercise. Providing us with this information will help us to quickly identify and deal with your request.
Somerset Local Food, Unit 1, Thomas Way, Glastonbury, BA6 9LU
Tel: 01458 830801